Friday, August 1, 2008

Almost a year!

Gee this year has gone by fast...Payton's birthday is fast approaching. Don't worry the sappy blog will come later. But the last couple of weeks have been so fun because her precious little personality has been developing and it is so much fun!
"what....I had to ride back from Ava's house?? Are you crazy mom?" And the answer is, "YES!" Now that Payton is walking everywhere I decided we would take a stroll 4 houses down to our friend Ava's house. Needless to say, it took us probably 15 minutes and we stopped to pick every weed along the way and taste a few...What was I thinking! I still can't lift her, so I had to wait until she was ready to move on. Thank you Jessie for letting us ride back in Ava's car...it made the trip much easier and she loved getting to try out a new toy!
Brian and I have been dreaming up this growth chart for the last couple of months and so finally I got on the ball this week and got it done. It was so fun to do a project for Payton that she can use to measure herself from years to come. I remember my chart on the back of my grandparents laundry room door and how I would stretch to try and make the mark grow higher and higher......Brian designed the whole thing and was pretty opinionated about the clouds and flowers....what a fun dad!

2 comments:

Allison said...

What a great idea for a growth chart. It turned out so cute. I love the expression Payton is making on the car. Looks like you may need to get her one to get around the neighborhood on. Hadleigh's getting one for her bday and it's killing me not being able to use it yet. I'm going to be the worst at making her wait to open gifts!

Clay and Natalie Freeman said...

Such cute pictures. She is getting so big!